HORSEBARN HILL – RATCLIFFE HICKS ARENA
OCTOBER 31, 2015 – 2:00 PM
- $10 online registration – Register Now!
- $15 at the door
Emergency on Horsebarn Hill! The zombie outbreak has begun. Rogue researchers at the Storrs Campus have unwittingly unleashed a super-virus that turns passersby into undead, brain-eating zombies! This is not a drill.
YOU WILL NEED TO RUN 2.5 MILES THROUGH ZOMBIE-INFESTED GROUND TO ESCAPE. WE HAVE ESTABLISHED CHECKPOINTS ALONG THE WAY TO HELP KEEP YOU SAFE.
As part of our evacuation, you and every member of your survival team will each receive THREE health flags. These flags will protect you from TWO zombie encounters, but once the third flag is gone, the zombie curse will be irreversible. To escape the infected zone, you and your team will have to run between safe zones along the top of horse barn hill, through the trails of the UConn Forest, and past the farms at the bottom of the hill.
Prizes will be awarded to our fastest human survivors!
IT IS ALSO ENCOURAGED THAT YOU GO INCOGNITO TO EVADE ZOMBIE DETECTION. As an added incentive, prizes will be given to the individuals or teams with the best costumes!
Access to our survival services will require a donation of $10. With that $10 reservation, you will be guaranteed admission to our Fall Festival and free, delicious crisis treats. If we survive, all proceeds from the event will go to HuskyTHON and the Connecticut Children’s Medical Center.
For your own sake, sign up today! If you don’t, I fear that none of us will make it out alive before UConn is quarantined… and doomed to become a permanent ZOMBIETHON.
CHECK-IN TIME: 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
RACE START TIME: 3:00 PM
What You Get When You Run
- The thrill of being chased by zombies
- Admittance to our ZombieTHON Fall Festival with free give-aways
- Race bib with electronic timing chip
- Prizes for top Survivors!
- UConn Dairy Bar Discount w/ Race bib
Rules for The Race
- Race bib must be viewable at all times
- You will wear a belt with 3 Health Flags attached. When all 3 have been taken you are doomed to become Undead!
- Your Health Flags must be visible at all times
- No guarding your Health Flags.
- Do not make contact with Zombies. No physical contact with the infected permitted.
- Run. Run faster. Work together with your fellow humans to survive the outbreak!
- Screaming is allowed.
- Wear your best Halloween costume
- Fill out a signed event waiver on site
- Bring a valid picture ID. Participants between the ages of 12-18 will require a parent’s permission and signature (unless they are a UConn Student).
- Prepare for the weather, the Undead aren’t phased by rain or cold!
- Beat the traffic and parking! Arrive Early!