Leg Press, Seated Leg Curl, Leg Extension, Glute, Calf Extension, Chest Press, Shoulder Press, Lateral Raise, Rear Delt/Pec Fly, Triceps Press, Biceps Curl, Lat Pulldown, Seated Row, Abdominal Crunch, Back Extension, Rotary Torso
Biceps Curl, Triceps Press, Abdominal, Abdominal Crunch, Ab Coaster, Seated Leg Press, Seated Leg Curl, Leg Extension, Calf Extension, Glute Machine, Chest Press, Pectoral Fly, Deltoid Machine, Shoulder Press, Lateral Raise, Lateral Pulldown
Abduction / Adduction
- 10 Nebula Power Racks
- 22 Nebula Adjustable Benches
- 2 Nebula Adjustable Decline Benches
- 4 Nebula Smith Machine/Benches
- 2 Nebula Military Press Benches
- 1 Nebula Chin Dip/ Leg Raise Stations
- 2 Nebula Leg Press Stations
- 2 Nebula Back Extension Stations
- 8 Precor Dumbell Racks
- Dumbells (5-100 lbs)
- 6 Nebula Free Weight Tree Stands
- (45, 25, 10, & 2.5 lb Plates)
- (40, 30, 20 lb Bumper Plates)
- 16 Nebula Olympic Bars
- 16 Nebula Curl Bars
- Bent Over Rower
- Incline Lever Rower
- 20 Woodway Desmo ’05 Treadmills
- 4 Star Trac Tread Climbers
- 6 Lifefitness Isotrack Climbing System
- 4 StarTrac Treadclimbers
- 10 Precor EFX 546 Cross Trainers
- 4 Precor EFX 576 Cross Trainer
- 6 LifeFitness Cross Trainers
- 8 Concept II Rowing Machines
- 8 Cybex Arc Trainers
- 4 Star Trac Elliptical
- 4 Lifefitness 95 Ri Recumbent stationary bikes
- 4 Lifefitness 95 Ci Upright stationary bikes
- 4 LifeFitness Power Mill
- 4 Precor Upright Bikes
- 4 Precor Recumbant Bikes
- 2 Precor Cable Machines
- Fitness Mats, Medicine Balls, Foam Rollers
- Sherman Sports Complex
Enjoy running/walking on the eight-lane track or take advantage of the artificial turf to play soccer, football, etc. Located behind the Student Recreation Facility.
- Tennis Courts
Decoturf Surface courts have been built on North Hillside Road. Four courts are available for open recreational usage, seven days a week based on scheduling, maintenance and weather conditions.
- Outdoor Basketball
- 2 courts located in North Campus
- 2 courts located in Towers Complex
Policies and Procedures
Access to Facility
- There is one entrance/exit to the Student Recreation Facility located on Hillside Road (closest to Gampel Pavilion).
- Facility membership entitles members access to all areas within UCONN Recreation, including: Brundage Pool, racquetball/wallyball courts, fitness and weight areas, Guyer Gymnasium and Hugh S. Greer Field House (during open hours of recreation).
- Members are required to carry the membership card at all times for entrance to the Student Recreation Facility.
- The first time an SRF member forgets his or her ID card, he or she may gain access to the SRF by using a free “One-Time Access Pass.”
- A $5.00, non-refundable “Guest Pass” may be purchased each subsequent time a member forgets his or her ID.
Equipment Issue Policies
Equipment may be checked out with your UConn ID.
Users are responsible for all equipment checked out. Available Equipment:
- Soccer balls
- Tennis Balls
- Tennis Racquets
- Badminton Equipment
- Racquetball Equipment
- Table Tennis Equipment
- Jump Ropes
- Weight Belts
- Wallyball Sets
- Ankle Weights
- Hair Dryers
Fitness, Weight & Selectorized Area Policies
- All equipment is used on a first come, first serve basis.
- There is a 30-minute limit on cardiovascular equipment if others are waiting.
- Proper workout attire is required in all areas of the facility.
- Wipe down machines and return all weights after use.
- Lock personal belongings.
- To reserve a court, call 860-486-0002 or stop by the Customer Service Center.
- Reservations may be made up to one day in advance.
- Please check in at the Customer Service Center upon arrival.
- Reservations are held for 5 minutes and then may be released for open use.
- Eyewear is recommended while using the courts.
- Courts may be reserved for racquetball or wallyball use only.
Guyer Gymnasium & Hugh S. Greer Field House Policies
- Both Guyer and Greer houses three basketball courts.
- Up to 9 Badminton courts may be set up in Guyer Gymnasium
- Up to 3 volleyball courts may be set up in both Guyer and Greer
- The indoor track, located in the Field House is three lanes 200 meters in length.
- Runners should always run counter-clockwise.
- First lane is for fast runners, second lane for moderate runners, third for slower runners and walkers.
- Both facilities are available on a first come, first serve basis during open recreation hours (Monday-Friday 11:00am-1:00pm. Saturday and Sunday 12:00pm to close when not being used for Intramural Sports or by Division of Athletics.)
Reserving Greer Field House and Guyer Gym
See our reservation page.
*Groups must submit a group profile form and receive approval before reserving courts.