What is Pack Training?
Pack Training is a 10-week small group training program. Each week builds on the progress made in earlier sessions with exercises designed to improve agility, functional strength, muscular strength, and power. Throughout the program, workouts will have varying degrees of intensity, but each class will have the same structure: foam rolling, a dynamic warm-up, and high-intensity agility and strength exercises. Every Pack is made up of six participants, creating a friendly and motivational workout environment. Whether you are new to fitness or looking for something to switch up your routine, our certified instructors will motivate you through challenging and creative workouts. Pack Training offers an exciting new way to work out that will push your limits and leave you feeling accomplished.
Who is Pack Training for?
- Pack Training is open to all SRF Members at any fitness level
- Any questions? Please contact Caroline Popp at (860) 486-3096 or email@example.com
Here’s What You Get
- 10 weeks of structured workouts that focus on progression, skill development, and enhanced fitness at every level
- Use of exclusive functional fitness equipment including TRX, kettlebells, TIYRs, sandbags, battle ropes, jump ropes, plyo boxes, and more!
- Pre and post program fitness assessments
- Pack Training exercise towel
- Pack Training water bottle
- Pack Training T-shirt
Session Dates and Location
Pack Training will run from Monday, February 4th, 2019 through Thursday, April 18th, 2019. (There will be no Pack Training during the week of Spring Break: March 17-23)
- Session 1: 6:30 AM - 7:30 AM | Mondays & Wednesdays | Instructor: Mike
- Session 2: 6:30 AM - 7:30 AM | Tuesdays & Thursdays | Instructor: Dom
- Session 3: 7:45 AM - 8:45 AM | Mondays & Wednesdays | Instructor: Tony
- Session 4: 7:45 AM - 8:45 AM | Tuesdays & Thursdays | Instructor: Jamie
- Session 5: 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM | Mondays & Wednesdays | Instructor: Nancy
- Session 6: 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM | Tuesdays & Thursdays | Instructor: Julianne
All Sessions will meet at the BodyWise Fitness Studio in the Student Recreation Facility.
Registration will open at 6:00 AM on Tuesday, January 22nd and will close at 5:00 PM on Thursday, January 31st.
How to Register
- All program registration is done via the online registration portal recregistration.uconn.edu
- During your initial visit to the system, you will be required to set up a complete user profile (only if you do not already have an account).
- Once your profile is created, you can enter the system and manage your recreation program requests.
- Pack Training can be found when clicking on the Week of February 4th on the Home Screen Activity Calendar. (All sessions are listed in RecReg on the day they begin.)
Your Pack Training Session online registration will be considered “pending” until you make the required payment in person at the SRF Customer Service Center. Payment can be made in the form of Cash or Check payable to “UConn Recreation.” All payments must be made in full.
After registering, full payment must be received at the SRF Customer Service Center by the close of the next business day at 5:00 PM or your registration will be released.