What is Pack Training?
Pack Training is a 10-week small group training program. Each week builds on the progress made in earlier sessions with exercises designed to improve agility, functional strength, power, and muscular strength. Throughout the program, workouts will deliver varying degrees of intensity, starting with foam rolling, a dynamic warmup, and peaking with high-intensity agility and strength exercises.
Every Pack is made up of six participants, creating a friendly and motivational workout environment. Whether you are new to fitness or looking for something to switch up your routine, our certified instructors will motivate you through challenging and creative workouts. Pack Training offers an exciting new way to work out that will push your limits and leave you feeling accomplished.
Who is Pack Training for?
- Pack Training is open to all SRF Members at any fitness level
- For questions regarding existing injuries or eligibility, please email Brooke Dragon
What is Included?
- 10 weeks of structured workouts that focus on progression, skill development, and enhanced fitness at every level
- Use of exclusive functional fitness equipment including TRX, kettlebells, TIYRs, sandbags, weight vests, battle ropes, jump ropes, plyo boxes, and much more!
- Pre and Post program fitness assessments
- Pack Training exercise towel
- Pack Training water bottle
- Pack Training T-shirt
Session Dates and Location
Pack Training begins the week of February 5th, 2018 and ends the week of April 16th, 2018.
Session 1: 6:30 AM – 7:30 AM | Mondays & Wednesdays w/ Tony
Session 2: 6:30 AM – 7:30 AM | Tuesdays & Thursdays w/ Marissa
Session 3: 7:45 AM – 8:45 AM | Mondays & Wednesdays w/ Jess T.
Session 4: 7:45 AM – 8:45 AM | Tuesdays & Thursdays w/ Jamie
Session 5: 12:15 PM – 1:15 PM | Monday & Wednesdays w/ Lauren C.
Session 6: 12:15 PM – 1:15 PM | Tuesday & Thursdays w/ Becca
- All Sessions will meet at the BodyWise Fitness Studio in the Student Recreation Facility.
Registration will open at 6:00 AM on January 16th and will close on February 1st.
- All program registration is done via the online registration portal recregistration.uconn.edu
- During your initial visit to the system, you will be required to set up a complete user profile.
- Once your profile is created, you can enter the system and manage your recreation program requests.
- Pack Training can be found when clicking on the Week of February 5th on the Home Screen Activity Calendar.
Your Pack Training Session online registration will be considered “pending” until you make the required payment in person at the SRF Customer Service Center. Payment can be made in the form of Cash or Check payable to “UConn Recreation.” All payments must be made in full.
Payments must be received at the SRF Customer Service Center by the close of the next business day at 5:00pm or your registration will be released.