What is Pack Training?
Pack Training is a 10-week small group training program. Each week builds on the progress made in earlier sessions with exercises designed to improve agility, functional strength, muscular strength, and power. Throughout the program, workouts will have varying degrees of intensity, but each class will have the same structure: foam rolling, a dynamic warm-up, and high-intensity agility and strength exercises. Every Pack is made up of six participants, creating a friendly and motivational workout environment. Whether you are new to fitness or looking for something to switch up your routine, our certified instructors will motivate you through challenging and creative workouts. Pack Training offers an exciting new way to work out that will push your limits and leave you feeling accomplished.
Who is Pack Training for?
- Pack Training is open to all SRF Members at any fitness level
- Any questions? Please contact Caroline Popp at (860) 486-3096 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s What You Get
- 10 weeks of structured workouts that focus on progression, skill development, and enhanced fitness at every level
- Use of exclusive functional fitness equipment in our new state-of-the-art Functional Training Studio, including TRX, kettlebells, TIYRs, sandbags, battle ropes, jump ropes, plyo boxes, and more!
- Pre and post program fitness assessments
- Pack Training exercise towel
- Pack Training water bottle
- Pack Training Dri-Fit Shirt and other UConn Rec giveaways!
Session Dates and Location
Pack Training will run from Monday, September 9th 2019 through Thursday, November 14th, 2019.
All sessions will meet in the Functional Training Studio (located on the 2nd floor) in the Student Recreation Center. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of each session.
$130 subject to CT Sales Tax of 6.35%
Registration will open at 6:00 AM on Tuesday, August 27th and will close on Thursday, September 5th.
How to Register
- Program registration is done via the UConn MyRec online registration portal, or you can register in person at the Customer Service Desk at the SRC.
- For registration using the online portal, follow these instructions:
- Once you are logged in, select the "Programs" icon, then select "Small Group Training" on the left sidebar. Select "Pack Training," then you will see the full list of Pack offerings for the fall semester.
- When the registration window is open, you will see the "Register" button. If you are registering through the online portal, you will only have the option of paying via credit/debit card.
- If you would like to pay by cash or check (made out to UConn Recreation), you must register in person at the Customer Service Desk within the SRC. Phone registrations will not be accepted.