TRX Suspension Training
What is TRX?
TRX is a five-week training course that coaches participants through the inner workings of suspension training. Each week of training builds off the last, working in the six foundational movements: plank, push, pull, rotate, squat, and lunge. Throughout the program, participants will be educated on the basics of TRX training, including how to safely and effectively utilize the suspension trainer. TRX offers a new and unique way to take bodyweight training to the next level. If you are interested in upping your fitness game or learning something new, this program is the perfect fit for you!
Who is TRX for?
- TRX is open to all SRF Members at any fitness level
- For questions regarding existing injuries or eligibility, please contact Caroline Popp at (860) 486-3096 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Included?
- 5 weeks of structured workouts that focus on progression through TRX foundational movements, skill development, and enhanced fitness at every level.
- Exclusive use of our TRX Suspension Trainers and equipment.
- Individualized attention and modifications from our staff of experienced coaches.
- UConn Recreation water bottle.
Free TRX Demo
Join the course instructor, Jess, on Wednesday, October 3rd at 1:30pm in the Fitness Studio for a FREE class demo. At this session you will learn all about the TRX system and will get to hop on and try some moves for yourself. No registration is required to attend. We hope to see you there!
Session Dates and Location
TRX Session 2:
- 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM | Mondays & Wednesdays | Instructor: Jess
The course will meet at the Group Fitness Fitness Studio in the Student Recreation Facility.
$50 per five-week session
Registration for Session 2 is currently open! Registration will close at 5:00 PM on Thursday, October 11th.
How to Register
- All program registration is done via the online registration portal recregistration.uconn.edu
- During your initial visit to the system, you will be required to set up a complete user profile.
- Once your profile is created, you can enter the system and manage your recreation program requests.
- Session 2 TRX can be found when clicking on the Week of October 15th on the Home Screen Activity Calendar
Your TRX Session online registration will be considered “pending” until you make the required payment in person at the SRF Customer Service Center. Payment can be made in the form of Cash or Check payable to “UConn Recreation.” All payments must be made in full.
After registering, full payment must be received at the SRF Customer Service Center by the close of the next business day at 5:00 PM or your registration will be released.