UConn Outdoors is one of the diverse programs and services brought to you by UConn Recreation. Our base of operations is the UConn Adventure Center (UAC) located on the 2nd floor of the Student Union. Our goal is to offer diverse and enjoyable instructional adventure experiences. We want you to challenge yourself, take a break from the campus grind and meet some great new people!
UConn Outdoors is proud to provide:
- Knowledgeable instruction
- Friendly & attentive service
- Exciting programming
- Quality outdoor equipment & facilities
- Leadership development
Our staff includes outdoor professionals, qualified volunteers and fellow UConn students who have prepared through our training system to offer you a fantastic adventure experience . We have led successful programs for the past 15 years throughout New England, the continental United States and beyond. We look forward to offering you the adventure of your choice.
Program Registration with recregistration.uconn.edu
- All program registration is done via the online registration portal recregistration.uconn.edu
- To use recregistration.uconn.edu you must possess a valid UConn NetID and know your password
- During your initial visit to the system you will be required to set up a complete user profile. Once your profile is created you can simply enter the system and manage your recreation program requests
- Guests (limit 1) are welcome to participate on any UConn Outdoors program where guest fees are listed and if sponsored by a participant registered for the same UConn Outdoors program.
- Guest registration is only done in person at the UAC
- Participants must provide valid UConn ID (Legal ID if guest) at the the beginning of all programs
- Non-students are required to show proof of insurance
- All participants will be asked to read, complete and sign the UConn Outdoors assumption of risk form prior to participation.
For programs requiring payment your online registration will be considered “pending” until you make the required payment in person at the UAC. Payment can be made in the form of Husky Bucks, cash or check payable to “UConn Recreation.” All payments must be made in full. There are no refunds for cancellations of programs in which payment is required. You can find further information at recregistration.uconn.edu.
Looking for a unique and exciting program for your organization? We create all types, from day-long bike outings, climbing center rentals, geocaching scavenger hunts or even complete retreat experiences. Contact the UConn Adventure Center to discuss activities, locations and pricing.
The UConn Adventure Center rents high quality outdoor equipment at affordable prices for a wide variety of adventure sports including: cross country skis, snowshoes, backpacks, sleeping bags, tents (both backpacking and camp sizes) & mountain bikes. Please see our website for a list of available equipment with pricing. Group rates available. “Like” us on Facebook for the latest rental specials!