Need A Bike? Hit The Road With Cycle Share!
UConn Recreation is proud to announce an exciting new addition to our lineup of programming… Cycle Share Bikes! Members of the Student Recreation Facility now have the option to rent a Cycle Share Bike Package. It’s the perfect mode of transportation to get around campus, tour Horsebarn Hill, or enjoy the shops and restaurants in Storrs Center. Customers can reserve their Cycle Share package online, then stop in to our Adventure Center at the Student Union to pick up their equipment. It’s that simple.
Cycle Share Rental Information
- $30.00 Summer Session 1 rental
- $10.00 week rental
- Includes a cruiser bike, helmet, and a lock to secure your bike.
- Cycle share registration will open Tues, May 30th online at recregistration.uconn.edu
- Participants will have until the end of the next business day to visit the UAC to make payment and complete paperwork, to secure a bike
- Once registration is complete, participants may either pick up an available Cycle-Share package.
- Or choose a “pick-up day” starting on Wed, May 31st to pick-up their Bike Package.
- All Summer Session 1 Rentals are due Wednesday, June 28th by 4pm in the UAC.
- Customers are welcome to return their bikes early, if desired.
- All returns must be made directly to UAC staff during UAC open hours.
- Do not leave bikes unattended outside our shop!
Late, Damaged, and Replacement Fees:
- Late Fee: A $5 per day “Late Fee” will be applied to your bill for any piece of the Cycle Share Bike Package that is not returned by the Rental Due Date.
- Damage Fee: The current retail price for repair or replacement of equipment damaged outside the scope of normal wear-and-tear.
- Replacement Fee: The current retail price for equipment:
- Bike = $425
- Helmet = $40
- Lock = $30
- Fees are not contestable and will be charged to one’s University fee bill.
How Do I Rent a Cycle Share Bike Package?
- Starting May 30 @12:00PM, log on to recregistration.uconn.edu and enroll in the Cycle-Share program
- Visit the UAC in-person by the end of the next business day to complete the following:
- UConn Recreation Waiver
- Cycle-Share User-Agreement
- Payment for rental
- Pick up Cycle-Share package - -or - - *Choose a pick-up day starting May 31 (we can’t fit all our bikes in the shop at once)
- Show your ID to UAC staff on your pick-up day and enjoy your ride for the semester!
Who Can Register for the Cycle-Share Program?
Any member of the Student Recreation Facility (i.e. Full time UConn Undergraduates, Graduate Students and UConn Community members who have purchased a SRF membership).
What Does a “Cycle Share Bike Package” Contain?
1 Cycle Share Bike, 1 helmet, and 1 bike lock.
How Much Does It Cost?
- Cycle Share Bike rentals cost $30 for the Summer Session 1 rental period.
- $10 for a week-long rental.
Can I Rent More Than One Bike Package at a time?
Sorry, No. Due to the limited number of Cycle Share Bikes, SRF members can rent only one package at a time.
When is My Cycle Share Equipment Due Back to the UAC?
All Cycle Share rental equipment rented for Summer Session 1 is due back by 4pm on Wednesday, June 28th.
Can I Return My Cycle Share Equipment Early?
Yes, customers can return equipment anytime prior to the rental due date during UAC business hours.
Can I Extend My Cycle Share Bike Rental for Longer Than One Reservation Period?
Sorry, No. Due to the limited number of Cycle Share Bikes, current customers have to return all cycle share equipment on the rental due date and reregister for the next reservation period. We also use this down-time between rental periods to maintain our fleet.
What if my UCS Bike Needs Repair During a Rental Period?
Bring the bike back in to the UAC and provide our staff with a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing. Our Bike Mechanics will address the issue as quickly as possible. There is no charge for issues that are part of “normal wear and tear” such as tube replacement, chain replacement, tune-ups, etc…
What If I Return My Cycle Share Rental After the Due Date?
A $5 per day “Late Fee” will be applied to your bill for any piece of the Cycle Share Bike Package that is not returned by the Rental Due Date until the item(s) are returned or the customer claims Total Loss. If “Total Loss” is claimed for a piece of rental equipment, a Replacement Fee will be applied to your University Fee Bill based on the combination of items missing.