Working at UConn Rec
UConn Recreation is one of the largest student employers on campus, employing well over 400 students each year. Job opportunities exist in all departments during the academic year, and during all break cycles. We hire students to work in Facilities and Operations, Customer Service, the Outdoor Adventure Center, the Climbing Center, Fitness Centers, and with Intramural and Club Sport programs.
Jobs include Customer Service Assistants, Facility and Fitness Attendants, Lifeguards, Fitness Instructors, Intramural Officials, and more.
Below is a list of UConn Rec Student Positions, with each job categorized under a specific department.
You will need to submit which department you would like to work in when applying for a position.
To learn more about what each job entails, please click on "Job Descriptions."
UConn Rec has two major recruitment periods. The fall recruitment period identifies employment opportunities for Winter Break and Spring Semester. The spring recruitment period details the job opportunities for the Summer (May-August) and Fall Semester. Applications are only accepted during the designated recruitment period. Once the period begins, our online application opens. At that time you are asked to complete the application and submit your resume.
Dates for the recruitment periods will be posted to this page, as well as specific job openings and their position descriptions.
Student Employment Awards
Apply March 19th - March 31st!
Training provided for qualified applicants.
The process of applying for a job at UConn Recreation begins with completing an online application.
The application deadline is Friday, March 31st at 5pm.
- Our employment portal will only be open during this recruitment period, March 19-March 31.
- For a full list of job descriptions per work area, please check the list at the bottom of this page.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive an automated message. If you don't see the message within a few minutes, it means that your application didn't go through. Check your application again.
- Qualified candidates will be contacted by a UConn Recreation staff member via Email to schedule an interview. Interviews are being conducted from March 21-April 4.
- It is recommended that you bring your resume to the interview. (The Center for Career Development has staff available to assist in resume preparation)
Good luck and thank you for participating in our recruitment process!
Apply Now through March 31, 2023!
Form is available from
3/19 at 12:00am - 3/31 at 5:00pm
UConn Rec Student Positions:
Group Fitness Instructor
Facilities & Operations
Customer Service Assistant
Adventure Center Assistant
Bike Mechanic Assistant
Climbing Center Assistant
Climbing Center Manager
Climbing Center Route Setter