The UConn Adventure Center rents high quality outdoor equipment at affordable prices for a wide variety of adventure sports including: cross country skis, snowshoes, backpacks, sleeping bags & mountain bikes. Our list of available equipment with pricing is listed below.
We are excited to announce, in an effort to support recreational opportunities outdoors, that we will be WAIVING RENTAL FEES (with the exception of Mt Bike and Cycle Share Bikes) for UAC equipment Rentals for Summer 2021!
2021 Price List
Rental quantities are limited to no more than (x2) pieces of any type of equipment, per Renter.
|Snow Tubes / Saucers|
|Cross Country Skis|
|Bike||Daily Rate||Weekend Rate||Weekly Rate|
|Hardtail Mt Bike
+ trail repair kit
|Climbing||Daily Rate||Weekend Rate||Weekly Rate|
|Bouldering Crash Pad
|Water||Daily Rate||Weekend Rate||Weekly Rate|
|Games||Daily Rate||Weekend Rate||Weekly Rate|
|Bocce Ball Set|
Who is eligible to rent equipment?
- Equipment rentals are available to all members of the UConn Student Recreation Center
- Valid UConn ID is required for all rental transactions
Where do I go to rent equipment?
- The UConn Adventure Center (UAC) located in the Student Recreation Center, at the Northeast corner of the building, across from the Graduate Center.
What do I need to bring with me to rent equipment?
- Valid UConn ID with clear photo
- Credit Card
- Day: The day that it is checked out and due by 5:00PM the following day
- Weekend: Checked out on Friday and returned on Monday by 5:00PM
- Week: The day that it is checked out and due back by 5:00PM on the seventh day
- All rental periods are limited to 7 days or less
- All equipment must be returned to the UConn Adventure Center during open hours and only to UAC Staff members
- All returns are due one hour before the Adventure Center closes on the due day
- All equipment must be returned in clean, dry and in good working order with all parts and accessories
- All equipment will be inspected upon return by UAC staff
- Equipment rentals may be limited by current available inventory, we are unable to reserve equipment ahead of time or guarantee future availability, but call the UAC during open hours to check current availability with our staff.
- Rental quantities are limited to no more than (x2) pieces of any type of equipment, per Renter.
Cancellations and Refunds
- No refunds will be issued for items rented and not used or returned early
Late, Damage, Cleaning and Replacement Fees
- Any late, damage, or replacement fees will still apply and late fees will be calculated according to regular rental prices.
- Late Fee: the daily rental rate per day, per item until returned
- Damage Fee: Retail price for repair or replacement of equipment
- Cleaning fee: $25.00 (wet or dirty)
- Replacement Fee: Retail price for equipment replacement
- Fees are not contestable and will be charged to one’s University fee bill