Membership is included with payment of student tuition and fees.
All currently enrolled Storrs-based undergraduate and graduate students who pay Storrs tuition and mandatory fees, including the Storrs General University Fee (GUF) & Student Recreation Center Fee, are members of the Student Recreation Center as outlined on the Bursar’s Office website.
Please refer to your Fee Bill to verify payment of the required fees.
Student Memberships COVID
Reopening UConn - Covid-19 Limited Student Recreation Center Access
The University is taking student health and wellness very seriously by significantly limiting access to the Student Recreation Center to students living on-campus or participating in on-campus classes. Students who are living off-campus and taking all classes on-line are not able to access the Student Recreation Center this fall. Off-campus students, however, are able to access all virtual programs and services offered by UConn Recreation.
New membership sales will only be available to Faculty, Staff, and UConn Affiliates.
All automated billing for existing memberships will restart upon the re-opening of the Student Recreation Center:
- Payroll Deduction – pay date 9/24/21
- Recurring Monthly Credit Card – billing date 9/1/21
- Pay-In-Full - No deduction. Your expiration date has been extended and credited to your membership at no additional charge
Guest Passes will not be available for purchase at this time.
All Memberships Include:
- Fitness Zones: Four separate areas of open workout space with cardio and weights, totaling 32,000 sq. ft.
- Aquatic Center: Lap swimming pool and leisure pool
- Four-Court Gymnasium
- Multipurpose Activity Courts (MAC Courts)
- Racquetball Courts
- Climbing Center: 5000 sq. ft., 3-story indoor climbing and bouldering walls
- Indoor Track: 1/6 mile indoor track with stunning 4th-floor views of campus
- Locker Rooms: Male/Female and All-Gender changing areas, with lockers and showers
- Towel Service: Bath towels and sweat towels
- Equipment Check-Out: Racquets, basketballs, etc.
- Online Reservations: Book classes and activities with RecRegistration or with the UConn Rec app
- Wi-Fi: UConn wireless internet throughout facility
- Day Lockers: Free combination lockers in the open fitness areas for temporary, secure storage
Included in your membership fee:
Additional fees apply:
Membership and Locker Sales
Visit the Recreation Administration Office (room 103)
Monday – Friday 9:00am-6:00pm
For those currently employed by the university. Payroll deduction membership are deducted on a bi-weekly basis. First month of membership will be pro-rated and is due at sign-up.
|Faculty/Staff Individual||+1 (must be Faculty/Staff/Affiliate)
|Annual - Pay In Full||$360.00||$540.00|
Affiliates work at UConn but are not employed by the University. This includes consultants and military. Affiliates must provide appropriate identification for registration.
|Affiliate Individual||+1 (must be Faculty/Staff/Affiliate)
|Annual - Pay In Full||$360.00||$540.00|
UConn Alumni are members who have graduated from the University. Please provide appropriate identification at registration.
|Annual - Pay In Full||$420.00||$600.00|
Community memberships are available to anyone who does not fall into any other listed membership category.
|Annual - Pay In Full||$500.00||$680.00|
Short-term memberships are available to above categories not signing up for a long-term membership. A great option to try the Student Recreation Center on a trial basis!
Single day access to the gym. Includes access to the Student Recreation Center only. Programs, equipment check-out and towel service are not included.
|One Day Pass||$10.00|
|Locker Rentals (Pay in Full)|
|Full Locker - Annual||$100.00|
|Full Locker - Semester||$35.00|
|Half Locker - Annual||$75.00|
|Half Locker - Semester||$25.00|
|Annual Term FY '22: 8/16/21 - 8/14/22||
Semester Terms FY '22 | Fall: 8/16/21 - 12/19/21 | Spring: 12/20/21 - 5/8/22 | Summer: 5/9/22 - 8/14/22
Plus One (+1)
The Plus One (+1) membership applies to spouses/domestic partners of an eligible Faculty, Staff, or Affiliate. The Plus One (+1) must also be an eligible Faculty, Staff, or UConn Affiliate to qualify. This membership category is not available for purchase online. The primary member must be a current member to add a Plus One (+1) and must also be present at sign-up.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellation requests and refund requests for membership must be submitted via the Cancellation Request Form and are reviewed prior to any determination of funds being granted.
Students not assessed the GUF and the Student Recreation Center Fees will have the option of purchasing semester membership by the semester. Please email email@example.com for additional information.
Those with Affiliate NetIDs must visit the UConn Recreation Administration Office to verify current work status for building and program access.