Who is eligible to rent equipment?
- UConn full-time under graduate students
- UConn Graduate students that have paid the “University Fee”
- Anyone that has a UConn Student Recreation Facility membership
- UConn Departments and Organizations
Where do I go to rent equipment?
- The UConn Adventure Center located in the Student Union – Room 228 (2nd floor across from the Information Desk)
What do I need to bring with me to rent equipment?
- Valid UConn ID with clear photo
- Department/Organization Transfer Voucher
- Day: The day that it is checked out and due by 5:00 PM the following day.
- Weekend: Checked out on Friday and returned on Monday by 5:00 PM
- Week: The day that it is checked out and due back by 5:00 PM on the seventh day
- All equipment must be returned to the UConn Adventure Center by 5:00 PM on the due day (after 5:00 PM it is considered a late rental).
- All equipment must be returned in clean, dry and in good working order with all parts and accessories
- All equipment will be inspected in front of renter upon return. If renter is not present for inspection, they are still responsible for any fees assessed after inspection by UAC staff.
- Must be made in person
- Payment is required in full at time of reservation
- 10% discount on total rental price for Departments/Organizations that do the following:
- Rental is under a single individual/organization name
- Make a single payment for entire rental
- Rent at least one item (daily rental value of $4 or more) in a quantity of eight or more
Cancellations and Refunds
- All cancellations made greater than two days prior to the pick-up date will receive a 90% refund.
- Any cancellation made less than two days prior to the pick-up date will forfeit all fees.
- No refunds will be issued for items rented and not used or returned early.
Late, Damage, Cleaning and Replacement Fees
- Late Fee: the daily rental rate per day, per item until returned.
- Damage Fee: The current retail price for repair or replacement of equipment
- Cleaning fee: $25.00 (wet or dirty)
- Replacement Fee: Current retail price for equipment
- Fees are not contestable and will be charged to one’s University fee bill.
Your online connection to UConn Recreation programs, events and activities.
If at any time you have any questions or comments, you can always contact us from the contact page.