Who is eligible to rent equipment?
- UConn full-time under graduate students
- UConn Graduate students that have paid the “University Fee”
- Anyone that has a UConn Student Recreation Facility membership
- UConn Departments and Organizations
Where do I go to rent equipment?
- The UConn Adventure Center located in the Student Union – Room 228 (2nd floor across from the Information Desk)
What do I need to bring with me to rent equipment?
- Valid UConn ID with clear photo
- Department/Organization Transfer Voucher
- Day: The day that it is checked out and due by 5:00 PM the following day.
- Weekend: Checked out on Friday and returned on Monday by 5:00 PM
- Week: The day that it is checked out and due back by 5:00 PM on the seventh day
- All equipment must be returned to the UConn Adventure Center by 5:00 PM on the due day (after 5:00 PM it is considered a late rental).
- All equipment must be returned in clean, dry and in good working order with all parts and accessories
- All equipment will be inspected in front of renter upon return. If renter is not present for inspection, they are still responsible for any fees assessed after inspection by UAC staff.
- Must be made in person
- Payment is required in full at time of reservation
- Contact Leah Rossettie for more information about potential discounts for large group or high quantity reservations (1 week advanced notice recommended)
Cancellations and Refunds
- Cancellations made greater than two days prior to the pick-up date may receive a 90% refund via university mail.
- No refund will be made for any cancellation made less than two days prior to the pick-up date.
- No refunds will be issued for items rented and not used or returned early.
Late, Damage, Cleaning and Replacement Fees
- Late Fee: the daily rental rate per day, per item until returned.
- Damage Fee: Retail price for repair or replacement of equipment
- Cleaning fee: $25.00 (wet or dirty)
- Replacement Fee: Retail price for equipment replacement
- Fees are not contestable and will be charged to one’s University fee bill.
Your online connection to UConn Recreation programs, events and activities.
If at any time you have any questions or comments, you can always contact us from the contact page.