Need A Bike? Hit The Road With Cycle Share!
UConn Recreation Cycle Share is the perfect mode of transportation to get around campus, commute to class, tour Horsebarn Hill, or enjoy the shops and restaurants in Downtown Storrs!
Cycle Share Rental Information
- The bike package includes a cruiser bike, helmet, and a lock to secure your bike.
- Reservations for Spring Rental are available online and in person from January 21st - March 25th. Make a Reservation »
- After March 25th, reservations are not required, and bikes are rented in person only.
Cycle Share Rental Rates
|1 Day Rental (sign up in person)||1 Day||March 23-April 29||$5|
|1-Week Rental||1 Week||March 23-April 29||$10|
|Spring Semester Bike Rental Reservation||1 Semester||March 23-April 29||$30|
Cycle Share FREE Clinics
|Advanced Bike Maintenance||90 minute clinic||March 10
|Ask A Mechanic Hour||60 minutes||TBD||$0|
|Bicycle Traffic Skills & Campus Ride||3.5 hour course||April 5||$0|
|Campus Bike Ride||90 minute clinic||April 14||$0|
|Intro Bike Maintenance||90 minute clinic||March 3||$0|
|Learn to Ride||2.5 hour course||April 5||$0|
- All Rentals are due by 5:00pm in the UAC on the last day of the rental period.
- Customers are welcome to return their bikes early, if desired.
- All returns must be made directly to UAC staff during UAC open hours.
- Do not leave bikes unattended outside our shop!
Late, Damaged, and Replacement Fees:
- Late Fee: A $5 per day “Late Fee” will be applied to your bill for any piece of the Cycle Share Bike Package that is not returned by the Rental Due Date.
- Damage Fee: The current retail price for repair or replacement of equipment damaged outside the scope of normal wear-and-tear.
- Replacement Fee: The current retail price for equipment:
- Bike = $425
- Helmet = $40
- Lock = $30
- Fees are not contestable and will be charged to one’s University fee bill.
Who Can Register for the Cycle-Share Program?
Any member of the Student Recreation Facility (i.e. Full time UConn Undergraduates, Graduate Students and UConn Community members who have purchased a SRF membership).
What Does a “Cycle Share Bike Package” Contain?
1 Cycle Share Bike, 1 helmet, and 1 bike lock.
Can I Rent More Than One Bike Package at a time?
Sorry, No. Due to the limited number of Cycle Share Bikes, SRF members can rent only one package at a time.
Can I Return My Cycle Share Equipment Early?
Yes, customers can return equipment anytime prior to the rental due date during UAC business hours.
Can I Extend My Cycle Share Bike Rental for Longer Than One Reservation Period?
Due to the limited number of Cycle Share Bikes, current customers have to return all cycle share equipment on the rental due date and reregister for the next reservation period. We utilize this important down-time between rental periods to maintain our fleet.
What if my UCS Bike Needs Repair During a Rental Period?
Bring the bike back in to the UAC and provide our staff with a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing. Our Bike Mechanics will address the issue as quickly as possible. There is no charge for issues that are part of “normal wear and tear” such as tube replacement, chain replacement, tune-ups, etc…
What If I Return My Cycle Share Rental After the Due Date?
A $5 per day “Late Fee” will be applied to your bill for any piece of the Cycle Share Bike Package that is not returned by the Rental Due Date until the item(s) are returned or the customer claims Total Loss. If “Total Loss” is claimed for a piece of rental equipment, a Replacement Fee will be applied to your University Fee Bill based on the combination of items missing.