The Rec Center will be CLOSED on WEDNESDAY, JULY 4
UConn Outdoors is proud to offer a wide variety of programs and services brought to you by UConn Recreation. We have led successful programs for more than 20 years throughout New England, the continental United States and beyond. We look forward to offering you the adventure of your choice. Challenge yourself, take a break from the campus grind and meet some great new people!
Where is the UConn Adventure Center?
The UAC is located in the Northeast Corner of the Student Recreation Center. We have a separate entrance from the fitness center, across from the UConn Graduate Center building.
Where is the Climbing Center?
The Climbing Center is located on the first floor of the Student Recreation Center. Patrons must first
enter the SRC, by swiping their ID at the main-entrance gates, before proceeding straight through
the main hallway to the Climbing Center.
Where is the Bike Learning Lab?
The Bike Learning Lab is located within the UAC (see location above). In addition to being the base-
of-operations for our Cycle Share program, UConn Outdoors also offers a variety of programs here
to help cyclists of all experience levels gain knowledge and skills to enhance their biking activities!
Be sure to register for a program ahead of time (like “Ask a Mechanic Hour” or “Advanced Bike
Maintenance”) and check in with our UAC Attendants to access the Bike Learning Lab.
- Knowledgeable instruction
- Friendly & attentive service
- Exciting programming
- Quality outdoor equipment & facilities
Our staff include outdoor professionals, qualified volunteers and fellow UConn students who have prepared through our training system to offer you a fantastic adventure experience.
Adventure Trip Policies
- Please arrive at the Adventure Center at the designated arrival time. You must bring your UConn ID or SRC Membership card to check in.
- Your UConn ID or SRC Membership card must also be presented to check out any equipment rentals associated with your activity.
- Attendance to pre-trip informational meetings is mandatory as required for some designated adventure trips.
- Late arrival/attendance is recorded, and UConn Recreation reserves the right to suspend participants in violation of policies.
- Program registration may be done via the UConn Rec app or the online registration portal of MyRec.uconn.edu. To do so requires a valid UConn Net ID and password.
- Program registration may also be done in person at our UAC front desk during our open hours, Monday-Friday, 11AM-6PM where our UAC staff are available to answer any questions you may have.
Payment can be made online through our website, or in-person at the UAC via credit card. All payments must be made in full. There are no refunds for cancellations of programs in which payment is required. Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Day trip cancellation deadline – Tuesday by 5:00pm
- Clinic/Workshop cancellation deadline – 1 hour before event
- There are no refunds for cancellations of programs in which payment is required.